Welcome to Dementia Care
Professionals of America
Dementia Care Professionals of America (DCPA) is a division of the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) that offers training, certification, and education to professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to develop proficiency in interacting with and providing care to individuals with these conditions. DCPA promotes best dementia care practices across sectors and disciplines through practical training, education and professional development.
- DCPA introduces new e-newsletter, Dementia Care Digest
- New AFA Care Quarterly magazine explores link between hospitalization and cognitive decline.
- AFA and Perkins Eastman release “Excellence in Design” report for residential settings
- Sign up to offer community memory screenings throughout the year. AFA provides a toolkit!
- Hear expert speakers on monthly teleconference, Care Connection