Welcome to Dementia Care
Professionals of America
Dementia Care Professionals of America (DCPA) is a division of the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) that offers training, certification, and education to professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to develop proficiency in interacting with and providing care to individuals with these conditions. DCPA promotes best dementia care practices across sectors and disciplines through practical training, education and professional development.
Partners In Care
In Print, In Blogs, On The Web and Reviewed!
The “AFA Partners in Care: Supporting Individuals Living with Dementia” DVD is the newest training and certificate program from the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America.
“As dementia care moves further away from a “one size fits all” approach, it’s imperative that care providers know and understand how to develop relationships with each resident to provide person-centered care. The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America (AFA) has released a new training video that highlights the importance of building those relationships.”
Alz Speaks Radio Interview
- DCPA introduces new e-newsletter, Dementia Care Digest
- New AFA Care Quarterly magazine explores link between hospitalization and cognitive decline.
- AFA and Perkins Eastman release “Excellence in Design” report for residential settings
- Sign up to offer community memory screenings throughout the year. AFA provides a toolkit!
- Hear expert speakers on monthly teleconference, Care Connection